I completely dislike sex

As I have gotten older, my desire for sex gets less and less. It’s pretty much dead. I have no interest in it, in fact I am completely grossed out about it. When I was younger, I wasn’t like this but as I have gotten older I could care less to ever have to do it again. My husband has been very understanding however I can tell he’s getting frustrated. Let me explain why I find it disgusting. I can’t stand having anything on me as in bodily fluids especially on my hands. Can’t stand repetitious noises at all. There are times where all of it literally makes me gag. I do not participate in the way my husband would like. It’s more of a chore for me in order to please him. I’m thinking of going to the dr to have some tests run to check my hormone levels, and whatever else. Is there something in particular that I need to ask for? I am hoping to be able to get to a place where I don’t dread the idea of sex. Don’t get me wrong, I love my husband and it has nothing to do with him at all. It is me. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A: Although late onset OCD is not common, it still should be considered when there are symptoms such as yours. Noise anxiety (intolerance for certain kinds of noises, especially when repeated) sometimes is part of the clinical picture. I suggest you see a psychiatrist to discuss what you’ve outlined here. If I’m right, a combination of some medicine and some talk therapy will help you once again be truly – and happily – intimate with the man you love.