Psych Central

Satin Fetishist

I have had a satin fetish all my life, ever since the young age of about 13. This developed from seeing pictures of women wearing satin nightwear in catalogs and found it to be the most visually and sexually stimulating fabric to look at.

I had always dreamed of wearing satin pyjamas and sleeping in satin bedding which I made a reality when I left my parents house in my early twenties, it wasn’t to do with wearing womens satin pyjamas as I got custom made mens satin pyjamas as I love the sensual feel of the fabric. I have tried womens satin pj’s and there really isn’t that much difference in some styles the way the garments are cut.

Satin is something that I’ve always enjoyed, pyjamas and bedding is the way I enjoy satin when I relax and sleep.

I never introduced this to my previous relationship but have to my current girlfriend a few months back, she said she is more than happy about my satin fetish but I don’t want it to affect the relationship for the longrun.

I know my fetish is scratching the surface of various types of erotica that I’d love to get involved in and experience, as my body loves tactile sensations as well as seeing erotic lingerie and fetish wear on women.

I’d love to get more involved in the world of erotica, fetish clubs and expos, but my girlfriend doesn’t seem to have that kind of erotic side to her or being adventurous in that sense.

Lets face it you have to keep things spicy and adventurous. However, I’d be more than happy just being in each others company on a daily basis.

So my question is, do I seek out a more experimental partner in the fetish and erotica world? or park that aside and drop everything if we decided to live together?

A: The way you frame your question makes either decision a loss. Life is rarely that black and white. How about if instead you think about how you and your girlfriend could satisfy some of your sexual desires without pushing her beyond her comfort zone? Your fetish for satin is unusual but harmless. Your desire to go to clubs and expos, on the other hand, might jeopardize your relationship. Are you willing to meet her halfway? You want a little more exploration with sensory stimulation. She wants you to keep your sex life with her alone. Your girlfriend might be willing to experiment a bit more as long as you two explore together in the privacy of your home. Open and honest conversation between the two of you is what’s needed, not a judgment call from me. When a couple figures out how to work out genuine compromises about difficult issues in a loving way, they create the foundation for a lasting relationship.