Drug Interaction?

I have been on generic Zoloft for years with fairly good results. Within the last 6 months, I had a complete thyroidectomy and am now on levothyroxine. Can the combination cause panic/horrible anxiety? Weight gain? Would it be reasonable to have a psychopharm consult for this reason?

A. Yes, it would be reasonable and advisable to contact a physician about this matter. You should inform your prescribing doctors about your symptoms. You may also want to request that they speak to each other. It is possible that neither doctor is aware of what the other is prescribing.

Another idea is to consult with your local pharmacist. Some pharmacies have software that can detect drug interactions. Some physicians also have access to that software or other similar technology.

You should speak to a doctor about this matter as soon as possible. That is the best way to approach this situation. I hope you’re able to find relief. Thank you for your question. Good luck.