Self-Harm and Cutting

There are times when I deal with cutting that I dont know why and times I do. I was post to have a dr. apptment but feel like I am waisting my dr. time. When I do know why I take things the wrong way. Once when I called a lady who worked for Humane Society and see how to take care a stray cat. She had her own problems and felt like I was being jumped on. I know it may sound stupid and I have numbers to call for Crisis hotline. I just dont know how to explain what I am going through.

A. Unfortunately, there are many people who take the same approach to their problems that you do. They suffer tremendously, don’t know what to do and then take it out on themselves in the form of cutting, abusing alcohol or drugs, and so forth. It does not have to be this way. I have witnessed the benefits of counseling and hope you will consider attending treatment.

At some level you may feel like you deserve to suffer. When an individual is engaging in self-harm, it’s time to get help. People suffer tremendously because something’s wrong and they are not certain how to handle it. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Help is available.

The best thing you can do in this situation is to reschedule your doctor’s appointment. You believe that you are wasting the doctor’s time but that is not true. The doctor is there to help you and you need and deserve help. Please reschedule the appointment.

In the interim while you’re waiting for your appointment please do not hesitate to call the crisis hotline if needed. You stated that you have the number to call but just in case, here is one to use if you’re feeling overwhelmed: 1-800-273-8255. I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for your question.