Depression?

Im all ways tired. I have no energy when i get home from school im super tired and I have to take a nap. I have horrible headaches every day. Nothing helps them. I’m either really hungry or not hungry at all. I have horrible mood swings every one around me notices them including myself. I feel like there is no hope for me. Im sad most of the time, but I put on a good show, but I feel as if Im dying on the inside every moment.

I feel that no one in the world cares about me. Im alone. I try to be social but I get hurt easily. Then I am very defensive. I hate setting myself up for failure so I try to play it safe a lot. I dont know what else to do. I need help. Im willing to try anything.

A. You mentioned that you have headaches on a daily basis. I am wondering if you’ve ever had a neurological examination. It’s possible that the headaches or the underlying cause for the headaches is affecting your mood. It is important that you explore the reason for the headaches. I would recommend meeting with a neurologist about this condition, if you have not done so already.

It’s difficult to determine if you have depression. You are experiencing troublesome symptoms that may be indicative of depression. You have mood swings, have been feeling tired and sad, and you feel that nobody cares about you. Depression is one possible explanation. Is there someone you can talk to about your symptoms?

Please speak to someone about your symptoms so you no longer have to suffer in silence. It could be your parents, a doctor, a therapist or a mentor. If none of these are options for you then try speaking to a guidance counselor at your school. He or she could offer you advice about how to manage your situation. I hope you consider these recommendations. Thank you for your question.