I’m bipolar and don’t know what to do!

By Diana L. Walcutt, Ph.D.

Im only 17! nobody understands me, they just get angry… andd I dont even understand myself! I NEED HELP!! Are there such thing as rehab for bipolar people??

A: Hello! My goodness, it’s a shame that nobody is listening to you. There is help, but it’s not rehab. It’s therapy with a professional who knows and understands adolescents and bipolar disorder. You also need a psychiatrist who understands those two things as well. If you have not been formally diagnosed with bipolar, you need a psychiatrist for that as well.

Honest, there is help. And, the good news is that you’re not alone. The reason that it’s good news is because that means that we professionals really do know how to help and we do care.

Have you done any reading about bipolar disorder? If you haven’t, go to this link:Psych Central and learn more. There are many treatment options and you can Find A Therapist in your area through this link.  But please, be careful, and don’t believe everything you read on the Internet unless it is through a reputable site like this one.

I hope this helps,

Dr. Diana Walcutt