Sex and Stretch Marks

By Diana L. Walcutt, Ph.D.

Hello. I have stretch marks on my body including my hands, stomach and breast area. I never had sex before because I didnt want my partner to see the stretch marks. I want to know whether guys have problems with stretch marks and will guys not want to have sex if they see the stretch marks. Thanks

A: Hello and thanks for your question:

The most honest answer I can give you is that if they care more about stretch marks than you, then they aren’t worth it. If you have built a relationship with a guy first, that is, getting to know him, learning about who he is, and what is important to him, then you can find out whether or not he is the right guy for you.

Bottom line, do you want to have sex or a relationship? If you want a boyfriend who will love you, then get to know him way before you have sex. If you don’t care about the boyfriend, or the love, then just leave the lights off.  Nobody will ever know about the stretch marks unless you tell them.

I hope you choose the boyfriend route rather than the casual sex. You will be happier in the long run.

I hope this helps,

Dr. Diana Walcutt