All that’s emotional isn’t psychological

I’m 16. i think i’m bipolar. i need help! :[
current_problem: recently, i’ve been very emotional. i cry easily for no apparent reason. i get mad at my boyfriend sometimes for some particular reasons and usually no reason at all. i wind up being happy like an hour or somethin later, but i just don’t know what’s going on with me. i’m afraid of losing my relationship with my boyfriend and i’m just confused! and another thing, i’m now easily tired and i get a wee bit sick in the belly and i’m going # 2 occasionally, and i have headaches. i tend to forget things easily. i’m like losing controll and i don’t know why i’m like this! please help me!

A: Please, please make an appointment with your doctor right away. Not everything that is emotional is psychological. Whenever there is a change in physical health, it’s very important to get checked out. There are a number of medical reasons that can cause the symptoms you describe — including the emotional ups and downs. Get to your doctor. If everything checks out fine, then and only then will we talk about a psychiatric diagnosis. Please write back and let me know what you find out. I’m concerned.