My husband is abusing me.

MY HUSBAND IS ABUSING ME.I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE IS RUINED.I MADE SUCH A BIG MISTAKE.FEEL SO SAD.

You must feel very trapped to be writing to me. I’m so sorry you feel you made a mistake. But short of death most mistakes can be fixed once people know what they want to do. As hard as things may be right now, you can probably change your life with some support and practical help.

The National Domestic Violence Hotline is there to help. Call 1-800-799-SAFE. Counselors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. To learn more about the hotline, check www.ndvh.org.

The folks at the hotline remind us that computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid your husband might monitor your use of the Internet, please use a computer at the library or at the home of a friend you trust. Use the same caution with your cell phone.

No one deserves to be abused. Please make that phone call and begin to take the steps you need to take.