How Can I Stay Safe?

Q. I need to know how to stay safe without going to the hospital. I am at a point where I have a plan and the means to kill myself. I set a date for next Tuesday to do this. I cut my wrist today. The only problem is there is no one else to take care of my baby, neice, nephew, and handicap sister-in-law. I can’t go to the hospital (although that is probably the best thing for me right now) because I have to be there for them. I also have a large amount of stress at this time due to my MBA and being separated from my husband, the death of my husband’s aunt – who’s funeral was today and I couldn’t go to, my mother-in-law is in the hospital recovering from surgery, etc. Please, I need help. I know I can’t kill myself but I don’t feel that I can stop myself either. I just need to find a way to stay safe without going to the hospital.

A. I think that you know what you need to do: go to the hospital. It is the only place that can keep you safe. I know that you don’t want to go but you need their assistance immediately.

You are correct when you say that you cannot leave your family. Your family would most likely be devastated by your decision to end your life. There are ways to correct the issues that you are facing. Don’t ever think otherwise.

It is imperative that you go to the hospital immediately. Please get help not only for your own good but do it for your family whose lives would be forever altered negatively by your suicide. Please go to the hospital now.