I don’t know if I need help.

I am 24 yrs old and i am seeing alot of problems that i didnt see before. Well for one i have trouble keeping my thoughts. Its like flipping throu a book really fast and you get a glimps of some words but not enough to make sence. I have mood swings that make no sence to me. One minute i feel like nothing can stop me and the next i feel like everything around me is moving so fast and i am being left behind. I get frustrated very easily and get mad to where my insides are burning. I dont trust anyone because i feel i know they are going to let me down regardless of how good it may be at the time. I dont think i have other ppl in my head. I do feel different sometimes. I have ppl call me by other names but i remember it i just cant keep track of what i said. I feel like someone is always trying to kill me and i get so scared sometimes that i have asthma attacks. I cant sleep in the dark cause i feel someone is going to sneak up on me and shot or stab me so i keep a light on and look for shadows.

Its hard to consintrate sometimes and i get bored very easily. I am so tired all the time all i want to do is sleep. I start to sweat when i am around a few ppl. 2 or more will make me sweat 6 and above will make me go into a defencive mode. I think everyone is starring at me and i get to where i am defending my life or so i think i am. Should i get help and how would i do that?

A; There are some situations where if you are asking a question, you already have the answer. This is one of them. What a hard, hard way to live. You must be exhausted! Of course you should get some help. No one needs to live with this level of fear and distress. Please first see your doctor for a medical checkup. Please be as forthcoming with your doctor as you were in your letter. A doctor can only help if you are honest about what is going on.

If it turns out that you are physically healthy, ask your doctor for a referral to a mental health professional for an evaluation. A combination of some support, some practical help, and perhaps some medicine will help you settle down so you can enjoy life.