I want out, but he begs and threatens suicide.

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year, and I now see his true colors, I want out, but everytime i try to leave, he threatens to kill himself, or begs me to stay. I am so scared to leave, I geuss I dont know how to break the news to him, or if I should just pack my stuff and go while hes not home. What should I do, and how can I be strong?

A: This isn’t love. This is blackmail. I know it’s scarey to feel responsible for someone else’s life. But you’re really not. He is making his own choices. You are right to want to leave.
Fortunately your state has good resources for women in situations like this. Go to www.aardvarc.org . Type in your state and “hotlines” in the search box to find the hotline for your county. Give them a call and find out what your obigations are. If you are close to this young man’s parents, you could also tell them what he is threatening and ask them to help you get him the help he needs.