Do I have borderline personality disorder?

. Borderline Personality Disorder: DO I HAVE IT? I’m curious about having “Boderline Personality Disorder”. Ever since I was little, I had felt neglected, alone and empty. Now, today I feel the same and like all I want to do is be alone, as if I don’t want to see anyone. I lie, I cheat, I steal. sometimes, I don’t know who I am and what my purpose in life is. I feel confused about most things and find myself pondering the unreal and wanting the unimaginable. I am a self-mutilator and I have an eating disorder. HELP! I DON’T KNOW WHO I AM. Tell me what I should do? See a doctor? SOMETHING!

A. I cannot diagnosis you over the Internet but I do think that given the list of behaviors you mentioned in your letter, that you should seek help from a mental health professional. I worry about your feelings of emptiness, your lying, cheating, stealing and especially your eating disorder and self mutilation. If you have not already sought help, please seek help. You do not have to continue to live with the symptoms and problems that you have mentioned. If you do in fact have borderline personality disorder, there are effective treatments such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) that can be helpful to you. Seek help immediately and ask about either DBT or cognitive behavior treatments (CBT). Please write again if you have any more questions.