Bi-polar disorder

Q. I seem to be very depressed. I’m unable to find work and sleep up to twenty hours a day. I a also have a daughter that is a paranoid schizophrenic she demands a lot of attention that i don’t have. I do receive ss disability but it is not enough to pay the bills. My other daughter whom is a lot like me hates me to the core and thinks that I’m just an alcohol bottom line. Then my youngest daughter is just fine. I have been married four times. I’ve had over 100 jobs in my lifetime. The only job that I kept for any amount of time was the police job because of the Adeline rushes. Help I will be homeless soon.

A. I am sorry to hear about your situation. You first have to secure some kind of stable housing situation before you can work on the rest of the issues that you mentioned. If you are able to secure housing, then you should try entering therapy. You can try a local community mental health center. What about Section 8 housing or other housing programs in your area? Have you tried any of these? First, try to secure housing and try therapy for your depression. You will not be able to work on your psychological issues if you do not have a place to live. Housing is your priority. Sorry I could not be of more assistance. I wish you the best of luck.