Q. I’ve been in the military for almost a year now. I’ve always have had issues with depression. I’ve tried to commit suicide 6 times but I have always failed. I have always been anti-social and I always hated being alone at the same time. Lately I have had urges where I want to kill people for no reason. I have no idea of what is wrong with me. Sometimes its like I’m niether sad or happy. Like I have no emotions. Other times I can be completey unstable and have massive mood swings. Can you tell me what is wrong and what I can do about it?

A. Without sitting down to do an extensive interview with you, I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong with you. There seems to be something very wrong as you indicated. In particular, I am worried about your periods of instability coupled with your urges to kill people for no reason. Being in the military, you have access to psychiatric help from the military. I strongly recommend that you to seek psychiatric help before your feelings escalate into dangerous behavior and you hurt yourself or others. There are many Veteran Administration (VA) hospitals or other VA psychiatric services locally that you can seek help from. If you feel the urge to kill others and these feelings are so strong that you cannot control them, please go to the hospital immediately-go to any hospital that you can find. No matter what is going on with you, getting professional psychiatric help is the best way to deal with your situation at this time. I strongly advise that you attend to your need for psychiatric help. I hope this helps to inform you as to what you can and should do in your situation. If you need further guidance, please write again.