Depression test

Q. I just did your test for depression and was stunned, shocked and very scared when i got a extremely high score (71!!). I have always known there was something ‘different’ about me and went to counseling for a while last year which didn’t help much. Do you have any suggestions as for what to do? Please help me, im afraid i maight do something bad to myself or someone else…

A. Most people, when they are depressed, seek counseling or try medication. You said that you had tried counseling last year and it did not help much. Maybe you did not find the right therapist or it is possible that you were not fully ready to begin treating your depression. In any case, my advice is that if you are depressed, you should seek counseling. Try to find a therapist you are comfortable with and give therapy another try. Good luck.