Psych Central

Fear from chronic depression

Q. I’m in depression and I have a fear that this depression will be developed now as chronic. My concret question is does the chronic depression can cure (treated) or I’ll be depression person in all life? Secondly, does it mean that simple depression (not the Chronic depression)is treatable (cure) and is not the same with the chronic depression? Thank you very much for understanding me?
A. All types of depression are treatable. The way to combat any type depression is to seek treatment. It’s possible you will end up with long term depression if you do not actively seek help for your depression. With good therapy and with an experienced therapist that you like and feel comfortable with, there is a great likelihood you do not have to live with depression. I wish you the best of luck and encourage you to get help for your depression.