Treatment for Panic disorder and agoraphobia

Q. I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder and some symptoms of agoraphobia. Is there a web site where I can be treated for these problems (i.e, obtaining prescriptions for meds)as well as finding out more about these illnesses?

A. There many mental health websites on which you can do research about your new diagnosis. I would recommend a Google search and typing in “panic disorder with agoraphobia”. As far as medications are concerned, you should be consulting a psychiatrist or physician in person and not ordering medications online. I do not think it is advisable and I do not know if it is even legal. Please consult a doctor who is trained to prescribe psychiatric medications in person. Who diagnosed you? Check with the people who diagnosed you and ask about how to meet with a doctor to find the best medication for you. Good luck.