Cutting and depression

Q. I don’t know why ive been feeling really depressed and had the urges to start cutting myself and its the only that makes me feel better, this has happened before about 2 months ago and my lfie hasnt changed at all since then and I dont no why its coming back or what to do. Is there any advice you can give to me that might help?

A. Cutting or wanting to cut is not normal. It’s not a healthy way to deal with your emotions. I would suggest you seek help from a counselor to find out what is making you want to cut. Talking to a therapist can help you find out you why you are hurting emotionally and help you find healthy ways to deal with some of the emotions that you are struggling with. It’s important that you not wait and quickly seek therapy for your cutting behaviors.