Suicide-Help Me

Q. I am five months pregnant. The overwhelming feeling of suicide have become too much for me to bear. I am honestly afraid that I will not be able to continue to fight them. For three days now I have had a loaded gun within arms reach. I keep praying for courage. Courage to either pull the trigger or put the gun away. I know I need help but there is none. I am desperate, but I have no one to talk to that can help. I feel like I cannot put it off much longer because it always comes back to this. I need help. I can’t do this much longer.

A. There is help for you and it is very important that you seek immediate help. If you do not have the courage to save yourself then have the courage to save your baby by getting the help you need. Your family will be devastated by losing not only one loved one, but two. Do not sit with these thoughts any longer and please seek immediate emergency assistance from 911, a hospital, a doctor, a family member, a therapist, a member of the church, a neighbor, anyone. Don’t wait and please get help now.